Being from a pharmaceutical R&D background we understand the pressures faced running a small-medium sized CRO/life-science company. When contracts are offered with short notice, it may not allow you to support your permanent headcount in terms of your financial forecast. For you to take on these contracts it would help for people to slot in and out of your organisation quickly. We also understand work flows are unpredictable, and we believe businesses would benefit from the flexible resource of locum scientists that Journeymen Scientists are offering, in order to iron out "peaks and troughs" of work.
We also realise that if you're small, it's all hands on deck as time is crucial, and you may not have the resource luxury of a HR department to handle any recruitment and interviewing.
Journeymen Scientists are really excited about helping you. We can:
- Provide pre-screened locum scientists who possess a wide range of skills and experiences. Click here to see our current available skills.
- Offer scientists at a daily rate, or for short to medium term contracts, depending on your requirements and package of work.
- Find the right scientists to suit your needs, from an extra pair of hands at the bench to more experienced roles such as report writing, data handling and interpretation, resourcing strategy, project management and assay development, or provide tailor-made solutions if your needs are a little bit out of the ordinary.
- Offer an expert interview panel consisting of consultants/experienced senior scientists chosen to successfully identify the best person for the job. This approach helps locate niche talent and reduces the recruitment burden for small companies.
- Make things simple using structured service levels and costings so it is clear to both you and the scientist as to what is expected of them and requested by you.
- Manage the payments to scientists ourselves and invoice you each month.
- We will stay in touch, to check everyone is happy throughout.
- We also provide a 3 day LABREADY training course for any new starters/placement students due to start in your company. The course covers basic lab skills and numeracy (with practicals and "real life" exercises) and commercial awareness (lab etiquette /behaviours /expectations) to change the student from having an academic mindset to one of a professional employee. The course aims to lessen your initial training burden and improve the productivity of the under-graduates/graduates from Day 1. If you feel this type of short training intervention would be of benefit to your company please get in touch.
We hope you are enthused by what we are offering and feel your business growth and demands would benefit from working with us. If so, please drop us an enquiry – and will be in touch to chat about your future or imminent requirements.